- Planning program development, including area plans, codes and regulations
- Zoning, general plan and area plan amendments and consistency review
- Project review outsourcing and technical assistance
- Applicant’s representative before regulatory agencies
- Technical studies and environmental analysis
- Water quality BMP (Best Management Practices) plan assistance
- Stakeholder collaboration
- Water conservation strategy development
- Conservation land acquisition assistance
- Team leadership and coordination with architects, engineers, environmental scientists and other professionals
- Presentations to community groups and boards
- Visual and scenic quality analysis
Our planners have more than 80 years of combined public and private sector experience involving a wide variety of planning assignments. Representative ”advance planning” projects include Tahoe Regional Planning Agency regional plan, zoning and code of ordinances updates; development of the Klamath County, Oregon, comprehensive plan and code of ordinances; and general plan and zoning amendments in Lake County, California. Our notable “current planning” experience includes permitting and environmental review for large projects at Lake Tahoe such as the Boulder Bay Resort in North Stateline, Edgewood Lodge and Golf Course Environmental Improvement Project in South Stateline; the Homewood Mountain Resort Ski Area Master Plan in Homewood; and redevelopment permitting in the City of South Lake Tahoe. Our permit experience covers thousands of projects, from small scale to very large scale developments.
WBA assisted the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency with a complete reorganization of their 1987 Code of Ordinances in preparation for the Agency’s comprehensive regional plan update. A central theme of this plan is the protection of Lake Tahoe’s famous water quality.